FROM: Mitchell Watrous, M. ED.
RE: Position: Remote Medical Laboratory Educator/Consultant
My resume is attached somewhere in this application process.
Below is a short synopsis of the relevant parts of my resume since it is quite long. I am still actively writing fiction and nonfiction books … but I would suspend authoring books to continue with a job like this.
My background in laboratory operations, lab apprenticeship programs, MLT/MT education, and certification exam test questions is extensive.
My Master of Education degree (Curriculum & instruction) was developed by Virginia Tech … specifically for Virginia medical technology education programs … with an emphasis on Curriculum and Instruction.
This Master’s degree was designed for a group of Virginia Medical Technology educators with an emphasis on goals, specific course objectives, and test question development relevant to the Bloom’s taxonomy (i.e., cognitive, affective, and psychomotor) domains).
While my background covers all aspects of laboratory management and education, some of the most relevant parts for this application include:
- Master of Education degree
- Over 20 years’ experience in laboratory education programs
- Extensive background in laboratory education, curriculum, and test development
- Wrote comprehensive laboratory exam questions for the Elsevier company.
- Developed comprehensive test question banks for Media Lab Inc.
- 100% student success rate on Laboratory Certification exams
The rest of my resume presents an extensive background in medical laboratory activities.
Thank you for the opportunity to be considered for something I love to do.
Mitchell L. Watrous, M. Ed.